Newsletter Signup

Join Our Email List
Email:  
For Email Marketing you can trust

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Weightlifting - Junior Nationals

Just a quick post todaay before I fly out to Melbourne for the Junior weightlifting nationals.

I've been fortunate this year to be heavily involved in the recruitment and training of our state team and after a lot of hard work it's good to be taking such a large team (13 lifters and staff!) to the comp.

In case you need some motivation to train this weekend consider this.

After less than one year of training two of our juniors are snatching bodyweight.

One of our lifters, 14 yr old John Carty has lost 60kg (not a typo!) training with us this year.

I'm going to be pretty busy coaching and organising the team but I'll try to remember to take photos and post some when I get back on Monday.

1 comment:

MindFit said...

60kg in a year! The kid deserves a gold medal. Is it possible to interview him for my 'Teenagers-in-Sport' ebook?